The Megohmmeter Model 6522 is a handheld, battery powered 1000V digital insulation resistance tester. It is designed to measure Insulation Resistance, Continuity and Voltage.
With a safety rating of 600V CAT IV and IP 54, the Model 6522 performs insulation resistance testing at 250, 500 and 1000V measuring values up to 40GΩ. It also incorporates a 700V AC & DC True RMS voltmeter and continuity testing with a selectable 20mA or 200mA test current.
The Model 6522 includes a Timer and Lock function which allows the user to operate the unit hands free.
Automatic safety check protects user and meter with audiovisual signals and test inhibition when >25V is present on test sample.
Large digital/analog multi-function display provides clear and easy readings enhanced by a bright blue electroluminescent backlight.
Optional Remote Test Probe accessory with flashlight simplifies repetitive testing and helps access hard-to-reach, poorly lit, test areas.
The Model 6522 is a great tool for basic insulation testing up to 1000V.
- True Megohmmeter®
- 1 kV Insulation and Continuity Tester
- 250V, 500V and 1000V Insulation Test Voltages
- 40GΩ Max Insulation Resistance
- Timed Test Mode up to 40 minutes for Insulation Resistance Test
- Test Lock feature for hands free timed measurements up to 15 minutes
- Continuity tests at 20mA or 200mA
- Test lead resistance compensation for accurate low resistance measurements
- True RMS AC/DC Voltmeter up to 700V
- Auto discharge after Insulation Test
- Hold function to “freeze” readings
- Large and bright dual display with blue backlight
- Auto Standby Feature due to inactivity saves battery power
- Complies with International Insulation Testing Standards including IEC/EN 61557
- 600V CAT IV
- Optional Remote Probe accessory
- Insulation measurement on communication cables, Ethernet cables and other low voltage AC and DC wiring
- Insulation measurement on electronic components and circuits
- Special applications in the aerospace and defense sectors where specified test voltages are required
- Cables, small motors, pumps, transformers and industrial equipment