CAT IV 1000 V IP65 Type S Voltage Absence Tester (VAT)
An essential tool for electricians to check that no voltage is present before working on any electrical installation connected to the network.
Compliant with IEC 61243-3 Edition 2, the C.A 771 VAT can be used to work on any 1,000 V CAT IV installation. It is rated IP65 and offers a type-S extended climatic class for indoor and outdoor use, including in extreme conditions.
To meet the requirements of the standards in certain countries, this tester is available in two versions: equipped with IP2X test probes or without. The C.A 771 has a redundant safety system in the event of power supply faults; the ELV LED flashes when the voltage exceeds 50 VAC / 120 VDC.
Safety is ensured when testing Residual Current Device (RCD) tripping by means of a double control system; both hands are necessary to press the 2 buttons simultaneously.
The C.A 771’s integrated Autotest checks the electrical circuits, the power supply, the displays and the condition of the measurement leads.
Phase rotation measurement is practical, simple and quick with the 2-wire microprocessor system.
Audible and visual continuity testing is provided in compliance with Appendix B of the standard. The tester can also detect stray voltages and offers unipolar phase identification.
The test probe and leads can be removed. The C.A 753 measurement accessory (optional) can be used for quick, easy testing of European and Schuko 2P+E power sockets.
- Full autotest
- Voltage Detection; LED display: 12VAC ≤ U ≤ 1000VAC; 12VDC ≤ U ≤ 1400VDC
- Frequency: DC, 16.67 to 800Hz
- Detection of stray voltages
- Unipolar phase detection (a single contact)
- Two-pole phase-sequence testing with 2-wire method
- Continuity test with audible and visual indication (R < 100Ω)
- Complies with EN 61243-3 Ed. 2009 & 2010 & IEC 61010 1000V CATIV
- Detection of live and de-energized AC or DC circuits
- Verify Phase Rotation
- Check continuity
- Verify operation of GFCI outlets and breakers