The PEL 103 is a low cost, simple to use, one, two (split phase) and three phase (Y, Δ) power/energy data logger. This product is ideal for electricians, engineers and contractors doing work in the area of building and system monitoring and upgrades, as well as residential and overall energy audits. All vital energy data is easily measured, recorded, and analyzed. Reports can be generated with confidence with minimal configuration time and effort (Standard and Customizable Reports supplied).
The instrument’s design enables it to be installed inside a load center panel (including the current sensors) allowing the door to close on most panels. The PEL 100 series offers all the essential functions for logging power/energy data from most electrical power networks in use today across the world (17 network set-ups provided). The PEL 100 series energy loggers measure and record three voltage inputs and current inputs, Watts, VARS, VA and Energy (kWh and kVA). Power Factor (PF), Displacement Power Factor (DPF), Crest Factor, Frequency and THD are calculated and recorded as well. Individual harmonic % information from 1 to the 50th harmonic are recorded at the operator’s choice. All variables are recorded and stored at a one second interval and on user selectable demand intervals from 1 to 60 minutes.
Energy costs can be calculated and displayed quickly and easily by simply inputting the unit cost for a kilowatt hour into the software. Data is stored on a removable SD card. Data can be retrieved using a USB, Bluetooth and/or Ethernet (local or internet) connection by transporting the SD card back to a PC. The comprehensive DataView ® software (included) provides the ability to view data from several hundred PEL 100 series instruments on a local network or over the internet allowing the user to evaluate energy usage in a department or facility basis, a remote site, or even in a city, anywhere in the world. DataView ® allows measurements to be viewed in real-time on a PC and stored data to be downloaded for analysis and report generation.
- One, two and three phase power/energy data logger – at the price of a single phase logger!
- AC and DC measurement and recording
- Current measurement up to 3000 Arms
- Power measurements: VA, W and var
- Energy measurements: VAh, Wh
- Displays & records PF, Tan, varh, THD, crest factor cos f and harmonics
- 50 or 400 Hz systems
- USB, LAN, Ethernet and Bluetooth communications
- Automatic recognition of connected current probes
- LCD backlight display
- 600V CAT IV
- Data stored on removable SD card up to 32GB
- DataView software included for analysis of results
- Includes: 3x MiniFlex current probes, tool bag, 5ft USB cable, 4x black voltage test leads with alligator clips, power cord, 12x colour coded IP markers, SD-card, SD-card reader, USB stick with manual & DataView software
- Optional Power adapter available
- Visit the PEL series website: www.PEL100.us
- Measure efficiency, find areas for potential savings
- Track Sub-billing occupants for energy costs
- Assign energy costs to departments or operations within a department
- Track peak demand periods and find opportunities for surcharge reductions
- Determine present capacity and circumvent unnecessary electrical expansion costs
- Verify the reliability and operation of electrical machinery
- Improve response time to solve power related problems
- Track energy availability and reliability of supply
- Reduce field service time at sub-stations