The PowerPad® model 8345 is a portable three-phase, Class A Power Quality Analyzer that enables technicians and engineers to measure and perform diagnostics and power quality work on one, two or three phase networks. This very advanced event recorder meets the highest performance and measurement time accuracy requirements providing a large number of calculated values and processing functions to make installations and maintenance easier.
This power and energy analyzer allows the measurement of voltage, current, frequency, etc. The display of the curves is completely automatic and goes up to 10 complete cycles. All power and energy measurements, and other associated parameters, necessary for a good analysis of an electrical installation in terms of its energy efficiency, are carried out according to the IEEE1459 standard.
An energy valuation mode is integrated, allowing for the display of dollar value cost of energy.
Harmonics and interharmonics are calculated according to IEC 61000-4-7. It also includes the possibility to detect and measure main signaling (MSV). The flicker measurements comply with IEC61000-4-15. Its Trend mode allows all parameters to be recorded every 200 ms. The Alarm mode adds the ability to monitor the power system and send Emails to the user. The 10-period transient mode, now with the ability to program the number of transients prior to triggering, captures very fast events (up to 2.5 μs). In addition, it incorporates a surge mode that measures 500 ns peaks up to 12 kV. We still have the Inrush mode which captures electrical signals during load start-up.
Communication options are vast through USB link, Wi-Fi mode (direct or via a server), and an Ethernet RJ45 link. A VNC mode has been integrated into the device, which allows any browser (through an IP address) to control the device remotely, whether using a PC, a smartphone, or a tablet (Android or iOS). Its memory card is directly accessible on the front of the device and can be duplicated on a USB key.
Model 8345 is compatible with all the current sensors from the PowerPad® family and comes with a power adapter for its 1000 V AC/DC phase power supply.
Our proprietary DataView® software is included with the meter to download and analyze all measurements. It also allows the unit to be configured for recording to EN50160.
Class A Certificate
The PowerPad® IV Model 8345 is certified to IEC 61000-4-30 ed3 in class A, see the certificate.
These are some of the strongest points of Model 8345:
- Class A – per IEC 61000-4-30: high measurement and time accuracy
- Designed for all needs of power quality measurements of 1, 2, or 3 phase networks
- Same user-friendly interface as other PowerPad® analyzers
- Large color touch screen allows visualization of real-time waveforms and stored recordings
- Remote access through VNC (Virtual Network Connection): Instrument’s screen can be displayed on any browser for real-time visualization and control of all functions
- Communication through Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB, and Webserver
- Integrated GPS
- Memory management through USB
- DataView® Software included FREE for instrument configuration, data retrieval, real-time analysis and report generation
- Easy access to SD Card and USB port on instrument’s front panel for data transfer
- Data saved in JSON format, which allows third-party application processing
- Trend recording of a wide range of parameters every 200 ms
- Measurement of harmonics and interharmonics
- Inrush current, transient, and shockwave captures
- Sampling rate of 400 kS/s for voltage, 200 kS/s for current and 2MS/s for shock waves
- Energy Valuation Mode to display cost of energy per phase or total
Model 8345 – Cat. #2136.35: Includes meter, extra-large tool bag, internal carrying pouch, hand strap, USB cable, five 10 ft black voltage leads with alligator clips, twelve color-coded input ID markers, power adapter (PA32ER) with US power cord, two 6 ft stackable leads, two 10 ft black voltage leads with alligator clips for power adapter PA32ER, SD Card, one power plug adaptor for PA32ER, 5.8 A·h Li-ion battery pack, quick start guide, and USB stick with DataView® software and user manual.
Model 8345 (w/4 MA194-24-BK Sensors) – Cat. #2136.36: Includes meter, extra-large tool bag, internal carrying pouch, hand strap, four MA194-24-BK sensors, USB cable, five 10 ft black voltage leads with alligator clips, twelve color-coded input ID markers, power adapter (PA32ER) with US power cord, two 6 ft stackable leads, two 10 ft black voltage leads with alligator clips for power adapter PA32ER, SD Card, one power plug adaptor for PA32ER,5.8 A·h Li-ion battery pack, quick start guide, and USB stick with DataView® software and user manual.