- Switch monitor for use in switchgear environments
- Small device, easy to install
- Can be used on any voltage level, type and brand of circuit breaker
- 24 hour
- Measures all relevant breaker parameters
- Data storage
- Trend analysis & evaluation of historical data
- SF6 level detection and possible leak indication
- Allows optimisation of maintenance intervals
- Optional sensors – motor current, coil current, PT100, travel parameters, density
- Rechargeable lithium battery
Condition based monitoring
The OLM monitoring device has resources to monitor: SF6 gas density (3), coil current (3), motor current (1), coil circuit conductivity (3), power voltage (3), power line current (3), temperature (2), mechanical travel (2), status (8), pressure (1). It has two programmable alarm signal outputs as well as an optically isolated high voltage protected RS485 serial communication port.
It is intended as part of station equipments with continuous communication but has a data buffer for a number of events in case of interruptions. The device also monitors itself and all connected sensors continuously and immediately reports any malfunctions detected.
Reduce your maintenance costs by
- Monitor the condition of your breaker from anywhere in the world
- Performing maintenance only when required
- Use trend monitoring to establish effective maintenance schedules
- Almost any important part of any high voltage circuit breaker today still in service, from any manufacturer and based on any technology, can be monitored with the OLM concept
- Station OLM equipments can easily be expanded with more monitored circuit breakers, new and already in service
- Circuit breaker manufacturer independent producer ensures further development and full support even for mixed brand switchgear solutions
- OLM-provided new circuit breakers can be delivered from world leading manufacturers like ABB and Siemens
Available when ordering new breakers from ABB or Siemens
You can of course retrofit the OLM to your remote and key breakers. However, the real benefits are made real when buying new breakers. ABB as well as Siemens have powered their breakers with the OLM/BCM. In ABB’s brand new intelligent substations (Swedish only), the OLM is the given choice for on-line monitoring of their breakers.