Measure insulation resistance up to 2 TΩ
The functional insulation resistance meter Sonel MIC-2511 may be used to measure the insulation resistance using test voltage up to 2500 V. It surprises with numerous functions hidden in a neat and handy form. Due to its parameters, its robust casing with IP65 protection level, its low battery power consumption and the possibility of recharging during measurements, the meter is a reliable tool that can be used in many areas. It is ideal for checking industrial installations and catenary networks, and is also successfully used in residential buildings. The advantages of this equipment are especially appreciated by electricians working in maintenance, testing motors, cables and street lighting. The Sonel MIC-2511 meter is also useful for measurements during construction and maintenance of photovoltaic installations. It is a reliable solution created for the needs of telecommunications network installers and heating network operators, facilitating the control of the alarm system of pre-insulated pipes.
- Measurement voltage within the range of 50…2500 V: selected from 100 V, 250 V, 500 V, 1000 V, 2500 V or 50…2500 V selected in steps of 10 V
- Insulation resistance measurements with a voltage of 10 V of the supervisory loop of fire alarm systems
- Charts plotted on display during measurements
- Measurements in electrostatic protected areas (EPA)
- Correction of insulation resistance result to reference temperature
- Continuous reading of measured insulation resistance or leakage current
- Automatic discharge of the measured object’s capacitance upon completion of insulation resistance measurement
- Sound signaling of five-second time intervals, facilitating capture of time characteristics
- Timing of measurement times T1, T2 and T3 for measurement of one or two absorption coefficients (Ab1, Ab2 or DAR, PI) within the range of 1… 600 s
- Automatic measurement of all resistance combinations of 3-, 4- and 5-core cords and power cords by means of the optional AutoISO-2511 adapter
- Reading of actual measurement voltage during measurement
- Measurement current <2 mA
- Protection against measurement of live objects
- Two- or three-lead method of insulation resistance measurement
- Measurement of leakage current during measurement of RISO
- Capacitance measurement during measurement of RISO
- Low-voltage measurement of circuit continuity and resistance
- Temperature measurement (with the use of the optional ST-1 temperature probe)
- Measurement of direct and alternating voltages within the range of 0…1500 V
- 9999-entry memory, data transmission to PC via USB cable
- Power supplied by rechargeable battery
- Backlit keyboard
- The instrument meets the requirements laid down by standard EN IEC 61557
This insulation resistance meter is a device with a wide range of applications. It may be successfully operated both in residential construction industry and for inspecting industrial systems or traction networks. Due to its characteristics – excellent performance, low power consumption from batteries, the option of charging during measurements, convenience of use and a high ingress protection level – it is often used by electricians working in maintenance teams, testing motors, cables, street lighting or at the construction and maintenance of photovoltaic systems. The device perfectly matches the needs of installers of telecommunications networks and operators of district heating networks, where the inspection of alarm system on insulated pipes is necessary.
The meter may be used to measure the insulation resistance using test voltage up to 2500 V. When testing cables, it automatically discharges their load at the moment of completing the measurement. Together with the PRZ-2 (kit for measuring resistance in zones with ESD protection), it is a comprehensive tool for technicians dealing with the protection of plants against static electricity.
The device allows safety control of residential, commercial and industrial electrical installations. Measurements can be easily automated with
AutoISO-2511 adapter for automatic insulation resistance test of 3-, 4- and 5-conductor cables, without switching.
MIC-2511 allows user to measure the continuity of protective conductors and equipotential bondings with current exceeding 200 mA in both directions. The meter has a built-in voltmeter of AC and DC voltages in the range of up to 1500 V.
Extensive memory allows the device to record and send to a computer nearly 10,000 measurement results.
Built-in help system
The device has built-in help screens with measurement diagrams. Thanks to this you can easily and quickly check and make sure how to connect to a given system depending on the type of performed measurement.
Communication and software
You can easily transfer measurement data to your computer via USB port. In order to generate a report on measurements for electric shock protection, use Sonel Reports PLUS software. Saving the downloaded data to the simplest formats and printing is provided by free Sonel Reader software.