The Ultrahound is a highly directional and sensitive partial discharge/arc and corona detector. Electric discharges in air emit broad spectrurm noise and using ultrasonic techniques the source of any discharge can be traced.
Electric discharging of outdoor power line components can cause radio and TV frequency interference or indicate possible future failure of equipment. The Ultrahound can be used from up to 30 m from the noise source. A separate short range direction wand is used for close inspection.
The Ultrahound may be used for a variety of situations, including:
- Power line discharge & corona such as cracked insulators or bushings, faulty cable termination or damaged line hardware.
- Partial discharge of equipment (e.g. power cables, bushings, generator housing) under HV test (laboratory or in the field).
- Frequency Response: 37 – 43 kHz, with excellent out of band rejection
- Highly directional dish enables accurate pin pointing of faults
- Multi function display
- Easy portability
- Output Power: 1800 VA max
- Easy to read LCD
- Battery Powered
- Includes self test device for checking and training
- Can be used up to 30m from noise source
- Diameter 250mm
- Lightweight at 1kg
- Case included