The Sonel MIC-10 is a professional insulation resistance tester (megohmmeter) used for measuring insulation resistance in electrical circuits and components.
The MIC-10 is housed in an ergonomic case, with bright coloured side bumbers to protect the meter and provide high visibility. As well as the CAT IV 600V safety rating, the housing is also IP67 rated making it suitable for use in a wide range of conditions.
Test voltages of 50, 100, 250, 500 and 1000V are user selectable by means of the rotary dial. Additionally, a low voltage resistance fuction, using a 200mA test current can be performed for resistance and continuity of protective connections and equipotential bondings. The MIC-10 will also read capacitance after performing it’s insulation measurement. Automatic discharge of capacitance of the measured object or circuit will be completed on conclusion of measurement.
A large backlit LCD display with an analogue segmented bar graph makes it very simple to read results, and the backlit keypad makes it safe to operate in poorly lit conditions. During the insulation resistance measurement process, the MIC-10 continuously indicated the measured value in real time, along with measurement voltage and a audible buzzer sounds every 5 seconds to make timing the measurement simple. The MIC-10 also protects the user from accidental measurement of energised circuits, by blocking the measurement process and warning the operator if a circuit contains live voltage.
- Selectable test voltages 50V, 100V, 250V, 500V and 1000V
- IP67 waterproof
- Insulation measurement to 10 Gohms
- Measures AC/DC voltage to 600V
- Continuous indication of the measured insulation resistance
- Indication of actual measured voltage during measurement
- Low-voltage measurement of circuit continuity and resistance
- Capacitance measurement from 1nF to 0.01microF during Riso measurement
- Automatic discharge of object under test on concluding measurement
- Audible signalling every 5 seconds to facilitate timing of measurement
- Three-lead measurement
- Protection against measurement of live circuits and objects
- Backlit keyboard and display
- Robust casing and built to last
- 600V CAT IV