The Sonel MPI-536 meter is designed for checking home and industrial electrical installations. The measurements that can be made, by using the device, provides the results which determine the safety of the installation. The instrument allows to make a set of measurements of the parameters of protection against electric shock using a single universal device.
In the field of insulation resistance control, Sonel MPI-536 has very wide possibilities – its maximum measurement voltage is as much as 2500 V. The insulation diagnostics is supported by the graphs R(t)/U(t), R(t)/I (t), U(t)/I(t), I(U), available both after and during the measurement. In addition, the instrument calculates the absorption coefficients and the temperature coefficients. Additionally, the Sonel MPI-536 enables automatic measurement of insulation resistance of 3-, 4- or 5-core cables or wires using the optional AutoISO-2500 adapter.
Significant automation of measurements of the meter makes possible to test functioning of residual current circuit breakers in the Auto mode, as well as in pre-programmed measuring sequences (so-called auto-tests), which can also be extended with own sequences.
Insulation resistance specialist
- Measurement of insulation resistance using test voltage of 2.5 kV
- Visualization of RISO in the form of a graph
- The largest touch screen on the market (7”) – remarkable ergonomics and ease of use
- Removable microSD memory card – easy increase of memory capacity
- Li-Ion battery – longer operation of the meter
- Measurement of all parameters related to earthing and protection against electric shock – one device instead of several
- Quick measurement of the fault loop impedance in networks secured with RCD without triggering (up to several seconds) – time saver
- Auto measurements – the ability to perform automatic measurements in sequence – simplified measurements
- Fast path from measurements to report – time saver
The meter offers a wide range of functionalities. It combines the measuring capabilities of several devices, while ensuring equally good accuracy.
MPI-535 can be used for all measurements for commissioning of electrical installations in accordance with applicable regulations:
- short circuit loop impedance (also in circuits secured with RCDs),
- RCD parameters,
- insulation resistance,
- earth resistance (4 measurement methods + soil resistivity measurement),
- continuity of protective and equipotential bondings,
- light intensity measurement,
- phase sequence test,
- motor rotation direction test.
Automatic installation safety test
MPI-536 allows safety control of residential, commercial and industrial electrical installations. Measurements can be easily automated with:
- auto mode of residual current devices (RCD) tests,
- auto measurements – freely configurable measuring sequences,
- AutoISO-1000C adapter for automatic insulation resistance test of 3-, 4- and 5-conductor cables, without switching.
Ease of reading
The device is equipped with a color TFT LCD touch screen with a resolution of 800×480 pixels and a diagonal of 7”, which allows for convenient operation and easy reading of parameters and plotted waveforms. This screen size enables displaying more information, available at any time of use. The interface is visible in all conditions – also thanks to the appropriate size of displayed symbols. Included stylus allows to work also with dielectric gloves.
Built-in help system
The device has built-in help screens with measurement diagrams. Thanks to this you can easily and quickly check and make sure how to connect to a given system depending on the type of performed measurement.
Increased resistance to environmental conditions
The meter will cope well in difficult environmental conditions. Protection against penetration of dust and water is ensured by a unique housing with a level of protection IP51. It is resistant to mechanical damage, and a special design allows you to easily protect the touch screen by shielding using the cover of the meter. In addition to the fact that it protects against damage, it also allows you to conveniently carry and use the device in different positions.
Communication and software
A very strong feature of the device is the multitude of communication interfaces and cooperation with external software. You can easily transfer measurement data to your computer via USB port, removable SD memory card, or wireless communication (Bluetooth*, Wi-Fi ).
In order to generate a report on measurements for electric shock protection, use Sonel Reports PLUS software. Saving the downloaded data to the simplest formats and printing is provided by free Sonel Reader software.