The MPI-540 multifunctional meter is intended for testing home and industrial electrical installations. The instrument can be used to carry out measurements, the results of which determine the safety status of the installation. In addition, the user is able to record the parameters of the electrical networks located at these sites. This makes it possible to control the quality of electricity, and to measure electric shock protection parameters, using a single universal device.
Significant automation of measurements is made possible by the function of testing residual current circuit breakers in Auto mode, as well as measurement sequences pre-programmed by the manufacturer (so-called self-tests), which can also be extended with own sequences. Automatic measurement of insulation resistance of 3-, 4- and 5-core cables will be carried out with the AUTO ISO-1000C adapter.
Much more than a multifunctional meter
- The largest touch screen on the market (7”) – remarkable ergonomics and ease of use
- Removable microSD memory card – easy increase of memory capacity
- Li-Ion battery – longer operation of the meter
- Three-phase power recorder – advanced power quality diagnostics
- Real time display of network parameters – immediate evaluation of the test site conditions
- Parameters measured in accordance to class S of EN 61000-4-30 standard – high accuracy of measurements
- Energy cost calculator – quick evaluation of potential savings
- Measurement of all parameters related to earthing and protection against electric shock – one device instead of several
- Quick measurement of the fault loop impedance in networks secured with RCD without triggering (up to several seconds) – time saver
- Auto measurements – the ability to perform automatic measurements in sequence – simplified measurements • Fast path from measurements to report – time saver
The meter has above-average functionality. It combines the measuring capabilities of several devices, while ensuring equally good accuracy.
- MPI-540 can record 50/60 Hz power quality parameters in accordance to S class of EN 61000-4-30:
- voltage L1, L2, L3, – average values in the range up to 500 V, » L1, L2, L3 currents, – average values, current measurement in the range up to 3 kA (depending on the current probes used),
- frequency in the range of 40 Hz – 70 Hz,
- active (P), reactive (Q) and apparent (S) power,
- power factor (PF), cosφ, tanφ,
- harmonics (up to 40th for voltage and current),
- total harmonic distortion (THD) for current and voltage,
- recording of events for current and voltage,
- energy flow – 4 quadrants.
- MPI-540 can be used for all measurements for commissioning of electrical installations in accordance with applicable regulations:
- short circuit loop impedance (also in circuits secured with RCDs),
- RCD parameters,
- insulation resistance,
- earth resistance (4 measurement methods + soil resistivity measurement),
- continuity of protective and equipotential bondings,
- light intensity measurement,
- phase sequence test,
- motor rotation direction test.
Automatic installation safety test
MPI-540 allow safety control of residential, commercial and industrial electrical installations. Measurements can be easily automated with:
- auto mode of residual current devices (RCD) tests,
- auto measurements – freely configurable measuring sequences,
- AutoISO-1000C adapter for automatic insulation resistance test of 3-, 4- and 5-conductor cables, without switching.
Three-phase power quality recorder
The device has a three-phase power quality recorder with the LIVE mode view and the possibility to register electrical network parameters such as voltage, current, power, harmonics and THD. The meter enables reading of selected parameters and their graphic presentation on the screen in real time. These parameters are measured and displayed concurrently with the recording on the memory card. In the LIVE mode, the user can see:
- voltage and current waveforms (oscilloscope),
- voltage and current timeplots,
- a phasor graph,
- display of multiple parameters in tabular form,
- spectrum graph of current and voltage harmonics.
Ease of reading
The device is equipped with a color TFT LCD touch screen with a resolution of 800×480 pixels and a diagonal of 7”, which allows for convenient operation and easy reading of parameters and plotted waveforms. This screen size enables displaying more information, available at any time of use. The interface is visible in all conditions – also thanks to the appropriate size of displayed symbols. Included stylus allows to work also with dielectric gloves.
Built-in help system
The device has built-in help screens with measurement diagrams. Thanks to this you can easily and quickly check and make sure how to connect to a given system depending on the type of performed measurement.
Increased resistance to environmental conditions
The MPI-540 meter will cope well in difficult environmental conditions. Protection against penetration of dust and water is ensured by a unique housing with a level of protection IP51. It is resistant to mechanical damage, and a special design allows you to easily protect the touch screen by shielding using the cover of the meter. In addition to the fact that it protects against damage, it also allows you to conveniently carry and use the device in different positions.
Communication and software
A very strong feature of the device is the multitude of communication interfaces and cooperation with external software. You can easily transfer measurement data to your computer via USB port, removable SD memory card, or wireless communication (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi ). In order to generate a report on measurements for electric shock protection, use Sonel Reports PLUS software. Saving the downloaded data to the simplest formats and printing is provided by free Sonel Reader software. The specialized, free Sonel Analysis software is used to read and analyze data from the power quality recorder.